Monday, June 18, 2012

Let's Sup: Shrimp Pesto Pizza

Aside from beef, my second favorite meat is shellfish. I could probably eat them for every meal and be a happy camper: Shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster ... etc.

I recently saw a similar recipe to this on Pinterest, but the blog it took me to was ... less than helpful. Thankfully, my awesome chef boyfriend and I were able to replicate it by looking at the pictures. This pizza is light and makes a wonderful summer supper, and it breaks up the ordinary by not having a tomato-based sauce.



SHRIMP PESTO PIZZA

Ingredients:

  • 1 roll Pillsbury pizza dough (or croissant dough)
  • 1 jar pesto sauce (we used Bertolli)
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Feta cheese
  • Jumbo shrimp


Directions:

  1. If your shrimp are raw: Peel and de-vein them. I like to grill them for a minute on the trusty ol' George Foreman, but you can also saute them. Cook them until they are slightly pink.
  2. Unroll the pizza dough and top with the pesto. Roll the corners of the dough in slightly to form a barrier that will prevent the pesto from going everywhere during baking.
  3. Sprinkle the pizza liberally with mozzarella and feta cheeses.
  4. Top with shrimp.
  5. Bake in oven at temperature and for time required by the dough. It should have a nice, golden-brown color when taken out and the shrimp should be all the way pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment